This Prosciutto and Spinach Quiche with Butternut Crust is perfect for breakfast or a snack on-the-go. It’s an healthier alternative to the traditional recipe, with an original crust made with butternut. Gluten-free, easy and so delicious!
You can’t imagine how much I wanted to share this recipe with you! And finally I had a little time to edit photos and to write this post. YEY!
The idea from this quiche came when I was looking to Michele’s blog, the Paleo Running Momma , I just love it! Healthy recipes, gluten-free and paleo. Since I started this new lifestyle, nothing better than finding new delicious recipes to share with you. I’ve already cook a quiche with pumpkin, here , but this is different: the pumpkin is the crust! What a wonderful idea 😀
Well, why I was so excited to share this recipe with you? Two reasons:
- The recipe is really delicious!
- I wanted to share with you my new dishes from Pollux !?
Yeahhhh…I had already announced on Instagram that I’m the new Ambassador of Pollux , a decorative and cookware, dinnerware store with more than 80 years old and there we can find, literally, ALL we need! I’m so proud to be part of this project, the Pollux is one of those stores that I choose when I need anything for my home. I just LOVE it!
When I saw the quiche recipe with butternut crust from Michele I thought, “Oh my Gosh, this is just what I need right now” We had a big butternut biological here at home and we did not know well how to use it. So even it came at the right time! And then I think I could use my beautiful set of hydrangea leaf dish (you can buy here !), This was the perfect scene! Yes, because you eat with your eyes first, don’t you? 😛 … I’m sure that this quiche served on a plastic plate would not be the same thing ?
Well, besides all of this: I can use my big butternut, the perfect dish and a delicious recipe… you know I’m crazy for pumpkin/butternut, right? I can’t resist … It’s perfect in many dishes: sweet, salty, side dishes, etc. Even a few weeks ago I made this healthy pumpkin bars, so yummy! I’m sure you’ll also love this recipe!
Prosciutto and Spinach Quiche with Butternut Crust
- 1 butternut sliced into pieces
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 100 g spinach
- 80 g of prosciutto diced or sliced
- 40 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or coconut oil to coat
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and a coat a pie form with a olive oil or coconut oil.
- Arrange the butternut slices in the bottom of the pie dish, overlapping the slices a little bit.
- Cut come slices in half to cover the side of the dish, to form a crust.
- Coat the slices with a little of olive oil or coconut oil, with a cooking brush. Bake about 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add 2Tbsp of olive oil in a pan, add prosciutto and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir-frying on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with coconut milk and sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- When the butternut is ready, remove from oven and sprinkle the spinach and prosciutto mixture over the crust. Then, pour the eggs over the everything.
- Place the feta crumbled cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into slices.
Adapted from Paleo Running Momma