This Butternut Squash stuffed with Beef and Prosciutto is a great way to eat simple but tasty. It’s a delicious Paleo and Whole30 recipe and you can serve as a main course or as an accompaniment.
I know….Lately I just post recipes with pumpkin/squash! But it is one of my beloved foods at the moment. I love to use it the sweet treats, baked goods or savory dishes, the pumpkin is so versatile that I can imagine a thousand recipes! Do you remember my last quiche recipe with a butternut crust? It was so good!
Last Sunday, I went to the grocery store. I walked by the organic products and I look to some beautiful butternut squash, with a beautiful shape and a good smell. And so it starts the journey! I’ve imagined a stuffed squash for dinner. A different way to eat beef and pumpkin. I’m not a big fan of beef, but I need to eat from time to time to raise iron levels. In fact, all women who menstruate should, and don’t be afraid of eating meat!
This meal has a particularity that I really want to share with you: it fits in Whole30 plan! One day I mentioned in Instagram that I want to start the program soon, for 30 days we only eat real food. There is no junk food, there is no cheat meal or sugars, dairy and so. It will be a great challenge! But as soon as I start I share more details with you. Everything will depend on my gut, which I have already said that has been with some limitations …
As you know, I don’t really like the taste of beef, I prefer to eat poultry, I think it’s much tastier. So I added some prosciutto to this recipe. It becomes so tasty! I don’t eat garlic or onion now, so I really needed something that would complement the taste of the ground beef.
There are several reasons why this recipe was perfect for our dinner. And one of them is that it was the perfect opportunity to use this beautiful dish of Pollux ! This collection is beautiful, with a bit of Christmas spirit, I love it!!!
This butternut squash was super delicate, with an intense but delicate taste, typical of organic ones. It’s bright orange color says it all! And it blends perfectly with the minced meat mixture. Can you imagine a piece of this combination of beef and butternut, at same time?? Delicious!!!
This recipe is also perfect when you have leftovers in the fridge (meat, fish, etc.) and don’t want to waste it. Simply put butternut in the oven, relax a little bit and then stuff them with your choice! Perfect
Are you ready for the recipe?
Butternut Squash stuffed with Beef and Prosciutto
- 2 to 3 butternut squash organic (depends on size)
- 450 g ground beef organic
- 150 g prosciutto diced - gluten-free and sugar-free
- 3 to 4 cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the butternut squash, cut in half and remove the seeds (you can store them and toast). Remove some of the stuffing, but not too much, and save to make a puree or a side dish.
- Brush each half of butternut with a little olive oil and bake about 30 minutes, placing them face down, until toasted.
- Meanwhile begin to prepare the beef. Heat a large heavy skillet over med/high heat, add a little of olive oil and diced prosciutto.
- Let it cook about 5 minutes, until the prosciutto begins to drop some of its natural fat.
- Add the cardamom seeds and let it set for a few minutes, stirring to coat.
- Add ground beef, salt and pepper and cumin powder. Add some water if necessary.
- Let it cook about 20 minutes, until the meat is cooked. Add chopped parsley and stir.
- Stuff each half of butternut with ground beef mix and bake for about 5 minutes, until toast a little bit.
- It's ready to serve!