Do you need ideas for a super healthy snack? You have to try these Healthy Chicken and Flaxseed Egg Muffins! They’re high protein, low carb and gluten-free option ready-to-go!
This post is sponsored by Vale Nogueira – Gourmet food. You’ll love the products <3
One of the questions I often receive: “Anita, what do you eat for snack? What do you take to work? ” This is one of the great difficulties for many of you, especially those who work at an office and have to take something to eat in the middle of the morning or in the afternoon.
I think it’s not difficult to guess my choice … eggs! I’m that “weird” person who usually eat 5 eggs a day. “And the cholesterol Anita?” Well, I’m not an expert or nutritionist, but I can tell you that if you eat 5 eggs a day you will not suffer from high “bad” cholesterol. I won’t go much further, but eating eggs is one of the best things we can give to our bodies. And you can make many recipes with them, just look at these beautiful egg muffins
One day I received a beautiful basket of Vale Nogueira , full of healthy products and a beautiful presentation (because the eyes also eat!) And I was in love (literally … I fall in love with food, it’s official guys! …) I had almost everything I needed to make my muffins recipe:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt flower
- Ground chives
I wanted to use everything: pumpkin seeds, homemade almonds, tea … all great! Only the best food for a PERFECT, HEALTHY and SO TASTY snack! And since Christmas is almost there, look at that beautiful gift idea. I just scratched from the list of Christmas gifts a basket of these to offer Just go to the site here and choose what you want!
Going back to the muffins …So e4asy and quick. Protein is always needed, so I added a bit of grilled chicken breast that I had in the fridge, and cut it into small pieces. I still added organic spinach and grated carrot. Next step is to bake them. Last step is to DEVOUR! Fluffy and crunchy … (the tricky part was to resist eating all at a time … seriously guys!)
So, ideas for a perfect snack: 1 or 2 chicken and flaxseed muffins + almonds. It is perfect because it’s a source of:
- Protein – from eggs and chicken
- Healthy fat – extra virgin olive oil and almonds
- Vitamins and minerals – from organic carrot and spinach
- Fiber – from flaxseed
Are you ready for this Super-Easy-Quick and Delicious Recipe ? If you make it please tell me your experience If you share on Instagram, tag my profile @ anita.healthy and use hashtag #anitahealthy.
Healthy Chicken and Flaxseed Egg Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/2 grilled chicken breast cutted into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds
- 1 pinch of Flower Salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170º and coat a muffin pan with olive or coconut oil.
- In a frying pan, sauté the onion with extra virgin olive oil Vale Nogueira.
- Add the grated carrots and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and the chicken breast, and let cook for 5 minutes. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a little of salt flower.
- Add the prepared vegetables and chicken to the eggs and stir well.
- Add the chives and flaxseeds. Stir well but gently.
- Place the preparation in muffins cups* and bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
Recipe Notes* The muffin cups shouldn't be filled up to the top, so the mixture does not overflow.