This white cabbage rolls are stuffed with turmeric chicken, perfect for an healthy gut. They are delicious, quick and a Paleo and Whole30 meal.
I’m sure you know that typical recipe of sausage wrapped in cabbage (I love it!). As I avoid sausages and that, I wanted to do something different, but healthy. Cabbage Turmeric Chicken Rolls! A mix of perfect, nutritious ingredients that are so good for our body (I’ll tell you more about this …).
One of the ways I most enjoy cooking the chicken is undoubtedly with turmeric! I actually use turmeric powder, biological, and I really love that smell. Seriously! Unsurprisingly, I use this kind of seasoning very much, in everything and anything else. Besides fast and delicious, it does very well to health! Turmeric contains an active ingredient, turmeric, which has anti-inflammatory properties, perfect for our gut
The white cabbage in this recipe gave that crunchy touch, as if you were eating a wrap. This is because I didn’t make the typical sauce for sausage cabbage recipe. It came out simpler and the result was PERFECT! As simple as … curl up and go through the frying pan for a few minutes, along with more turmeric! You could pick and eat on-the-go, is there anything better? Cozy, anti-inflammatory and so tasty!
I even risk to say that it is not only a great lunch or dinner option, but also as a snack! Try to serve, for example, smaller rolls and put them in a sauce of your choice! Also, they stay in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Sometimes I don’t have time to make dinner and I make a salad to serve with this white cabbage rolls and it’s done. Problem solved in 5 minutes And so tasty! Don’t you think?
Turmeric White Cabbage Chicken Rolls
- 4 leaves of white cabbage
- 300 g chicken breast cutted into cubes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 200 g broccoli
- 2 carrots on thin sticks
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curcumin
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Chopped parsley
- Start by soaking the cabbage leaves in boiled water, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the leaves by draining the water and place them on a clean kitchen towel to absorb the excess.
- In a frying pan or wok, add coconut oil with the chopped onion and let it cook about 4 minutes on low heat.
- Add turmeric, lemon juice and cumin, mixing everything for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli cutted into small pieces and the carrot strips. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, a little salt, stirring to coat. Let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Add chopped parsley at the end.
- Remove the chicken mixture and, in the same frying pan, roast the cabbage leaves for 1 minute on both sides, so that they absorb some of the turmeric sauce.
- Place the chicken mixture in the middle of the cabbage leaves, being careful not to overfill.
- Roll the leaves, starting by the corners, until forms a "bag".
- It's ready to serve!