This is a delicious curry recipe made with coconut cream and lime juice! It´s healthy, delicious and so easy.
Welcome Autumn! But it doesn’t feel like that, does it? … This half-cold, half-hot weather makes no difference. Don’t you miss wearing tights or those cute scarves?? I miss it a lot!
When I think about autumn, I think about warm, comforting food and those typical colors. That’s why I think about curry food! That slightly spicy flavor, with a slight sweet on it, I love it! I make curry several times, either with chicken like this chicken curry recipe or with shrimp as well. But this time I had some squids (I love mollusks!!), I was going to make with tomato sauce but I looked at the curry and curcumin and I thought: “Oh God, I have to use this!”. And after all, curcumin has many health benefits:
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect – when you have that annoying sore throat, try adding turmeric to your meals;
- It is an excellent antioxidant – it helps neutralize the effects of free radicals;
- It has neuroprotective properties – helps prevent brain, neurodegenerative diseases;
- Regulates the metabolism.
Lately I always make my curry with coconut cream. I discovered a brand – Koala – whose ingredients are: coconut extract + water . It’s super natural. And the taste of food is so good! I love it so much! I still added lime juice and I think I discovered the PERFECT combination for curry recipes. The basic recipe ONLY have 3 ingredients:
- Curcumin and/or curry
- Coconut cream
- Lime juice
Just choose the protein (meat or fish) et voila! Fancy food, yummy food! 🙂
I have also added some organic spinach too, I like the way it tastes in recipes. In the end, I serve with some crushed cashew for a crunchy taste, so yummy!
Coconut Curry Squids with Lime
- 500 g of squids
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 can of coconut cream or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curcumin powder
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 2 limes
- Coconut oil
- Crushed cashews optional
- Cut the squids into slices and reserve, dripping all the water they may have.
- In a pan, stir fry the onion with coconut oil, for about 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, curry and cumin and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the squids and lime juice, stirring well with the spices. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and reduce to low heat. Let it simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with crushed cashews and serve!