This Healthy Apple Almond Cake is perfect for these Fall days. It gluten-free, made from ground almonds, apples and honey as sweetener. It’s perfect to devour with hot tea or coffee!
Guess what’s coming? Gluten Free Cake!!! Finally it feels like autumn (finally), I think about hot tea and Christmas is almost there! YEY! Don’t you miss a little blanket to warm up? And a slice of cake with a tea … oh good! Yes, I got back to my cakes, it’s official 🙂
The apple cakes remind me my childhood. I’m not sure why, because my mother didn’t use to cook cakes at home, but maybe it’s for my grandmother … Those typical, cuddly, simple cakes with “barley coffee). Good memories … Well, but today my diet is different. There is no white flour, no barley. But there are still cakes! And chicory to serve with it! By the way, I’d like to say that chicory is a super healthy alternative to coffee, it has so many benefits. It’s, in fact, an excellent prebiotic, which means it’s good to bacterias in our gut.
You may not believe, but this cake guys, doesn´t have flour, neither refined sugar, it hasn’t anything that (in general) isn’t healthy for our body (I say “in general” because each person is a case, there are intolerances, there are different sensitivities person to person, etc etc etc). So what this wonderful thing is made with? Ground almond and a little flaxseed meal! My two favorites for bakery at the moment. Gluten-free, nutritionally rich, with so healthy properties. This was the base, the rest is the usual: eggs, a little bit of veggie protein (optional, of course), spices and that. And I love the combination of apple with cinnamon and honey, so it was easy to decide which cake I was going to make 🙂
Healthy Apple Almond Cake
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml unsweetened almond drink
- 3 Tbsp natural Greek yogurt
- 200 g ground almond / almond flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 25 g ovanilla veggie protein *
- 3 Tbsp of honey
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 2 a pples + 1 Tbsp honey
- *Can be substituted for 2 Tbsp ground almond and 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180º and line a 20cm springform with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 + 1/2 apples into pieces and put them in a pot with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- Let it cook about 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with yogurt and almond drink. Add the 3 tablespoons of honey and mix very well.
- Apart, mix the almond flour with baking powder, ground flaxseed, veggie protein and the remaining cinnamon.
- Add the wet mix to the previous one, stirring until well combined.
- Add the apple sauce, and stir gently.
- Cut the remaining 1/2 apple into thin slices.
- Pour the dough into springform and put the apple slices on top.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until cooked. Tip: cook until a tooth pick comes out clean.already ready).
- Let it cool in the pan and serve!