I never told you this, but one of my favorite main dishes includes octopus or squid. I love the texture of the molluscs, be grilled, in the oven, the Labaran… I can't! And so one of these days I decided to venture into an octopus and avocado salad.
Despite being one of my favorite dishes (and maybe so), I never ventured to cook octopus at home. I remember the only time I tried and came out a hard and bland octopus! But, as you know, I love to cook and I can not easily give in to failure…:P so I researched and researched and found several articles teaching how to bake octopus perfectly. Since I have a pressure cooker that I rarely use, this was the perfect opportunity to get her out of the closet!
I will then explain to you how I cooked a tender octopus in the pressure cooker:
- The octopus must be frozen. If they bought fresh, freeze and thaw again later. This time, I let it thaw in the morning and I did it at night.
- The octopus should be cooked only with an onion and no salt. From what I read, it gets softer. It worked for me!
- The amount of water should be 2 fingers above the octopus.
- In the pressure cooker, the octopus must bake 15 to 20 minutes after it has been beeped, in a mild heat. It depends on the size of the octopus.
- After cooking, should put up some salt, keep the octopus a few minutes (but few!) to salt a little, and is ready!
Conclusion: A super tender, soft and delicious octopus came out!
As you must calculate, octopus salad is also from my favorite dishes. As the weather is not too cold, I took the opportunity to make a salad of octopus and avocado, taking advantage of the ingredients that had:
Just put it all together, spice it up, et voila!
Salada de Polvo e Abacate
- 1 polvo médio cozido e frio conforme descrito em cima
- 1 pimento vermelho grande
- 2 cebolas roxas
- 3 tomates
- 2 a bacates pequenos
- Sumo de 2 limões
- Salsa picada
- Partir o polvo em pedaços pequenos.
- Partir os pimentos, picar as cebolas e os tomates em cubos pequenos.
- Temperar com azeite, o sumo de limão e a salsa e misturar muito bem.
- Partir o abacate e cubos e acrescentar à salada.